If your personal injury compensation claim has settled for less than you were expecting/believe you are entitled to; you may be entitled to receive compensation from your old solicitors.
The amount of compensation recovered might be too low for a number of reasons:
• the case settled too quickly
• the person dealing with the case missed something important
• the claim was mishandled
• the claim was not investigated properly
• it was wrongly valued
• the solicitors unlawfully deducted costs from compensation
In some cases your solicitor may simply have undervalued the award for your injuries. If any of this has led to an under settlement of your claim, you may have a claim against the solicitor.
Reasons For Under-Settlement
Under-settlement is happening more often because many firms now:
• recruit low cost, less or unqualified people to handle personal injury claims
• limit the amount of time the claims handlers can spend on a case
• encourage early settlement of claims
Inevitably, mistakes are made, either as a result of lack of expertise or lack of time.
What Can Be Done About Under-Settlement
All of these errors can be grounds for a professional negligence claim against the firm that dealt with your personal injury claim.
If you are concerned that your personal injury settlement was too low, we can obtain and review your previous solicitors’ file to determine if they were negligent. If they were, you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact us now on 0800 989 0163 to discuss.